Thursday, March 1, 2012

february 28

tonight i had the pleasure of hosting book club for the first time in 3 years.  i also had the pleasure of having the entire day to get ready for it - probably the only time i can remember not rushing around or stressing to pull it all together (because it's the first time i've been off work while hosting).  kevin even got home early to help with the kids.  brooke was very excited that mommy's girlfriends were coming over.  she added her special touches to the table - like placing the napkins at the top of the plate so they looked like hair bows :)  i like that she sees me entertaining friends.  i hope it sets an example for her in life.  i think that's why i was happy to have her glued to my side all evening.  brooke quickly put on her matching apron once my girlfriends started arriving, and she was happy to help with whatever i needed.  i especially loved when she came over to me and whispered, "mommy, all of your friends are saying they really like what you made (cooked) for them."  it made the payoff of my work that much sweeter!  brooke even sat at the table with us and had a few bites to eat before kevin put her to bed.  it meant a lot to me that brooke was able to share in the enjoyment of having some of my closest friends over for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment