Sunday, July 3, 2011

june 27

some days feel like a test.  a test to see how much i can handle.  today was one of those days. amidst cleaning and de-cluttering the entire house, gavin had his worst accident to date.  we were all in the toy room (me cleaning/kids playing) when gavin catapulted himself off the big bouncy ball head-first into the corner of the wooden train table.  all i heard was crunch.  when i turned, i was sure he broke his nose.  my heart sank.  he broke the skin under his eyebrow, and the side of his nose swelled up pretty quickly.  he was screaming, and i felt like crying.  it almost pushed me over the edge.  but it didn't.  i handled it.  put an ice pack on his face for as long as he would let me, called kevin, called the doctor and settled in on the couch to comfort my little guy.  he bounced back pretty fast, and we went back to our busy day.  no broken nose just a bit of a black eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment