Sunday, March 20, 2011

march 20

gavin had a fever today and fell asleep on kevin's lap early this morning, so brooke and i went for a walk to get a little exercise and fresh air.  all i had to say was "exercise," and brooke's mind was racing.  she went upstairs and got dressed and then told me, "look, mom!  this is my exercise outfit."  never mind that it was cold outside :)  we put on our coats and headed out.  instead of me pushing brooke in a stroller, brooke decided she wanted to take her baby doll for a walk.  she seemed so grown up walking next to me, chatting my ear off and pushing her baby in the stroller.  i was so happy to be spending some quality 1:1 time with my girl.  we had no agenda.  what we did and where we went was up to brooke.  i was just happy to be along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment